|Episode name pun on: Birthday Bash (or, party) and bashing|
|Airdate:||August 20, 1999|
|Director:||Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken|
|Writer(s):||Amy Keating Rodgers|
"Too Pooped to Puff"
While in prison, the Powerpuff Girls' mortal enemies come up with their own plans to destroy them. Later on, Him tries a plan of his own- an evil pinata monster that is trying to destroy the Powerpuff Girls' neighborhood!
While in prison, Mojo Jojo, Princess Morbucks, and the Amoeba Boys all come up with their own plans to destroy the Girls. In the morning, the Girls are dying to open the presents when the time has come for, the Girls to open their gifts they rush to choose a present, and, not realizing that gift is from Mojo, they open it and a giant robot comes out. It destroys everything, but the girls get rid of it and Mojo's plan fails. Afterwards, they choose another gift and it's from Princess Morbucks, but there is nothing in it but a target. The girls see a giant rocket flying toward it and the girls destroy it at once! The Princess's plans fails. Next, the Amoeba Boys present is chosen by the girls and there are dolls in it. Later HIM tries a plan of his own and ruins the party, but the Powerpuff girls stopped his plan, and all the villains lost. The girls say sorry to everyone, that they just wanted a normal birthday party, but they said it was the greatest birthday party ever.
- The Powerpuff Girls
- Mojo Jojo
- Princess Morbucks
- The Amoeba Boys
- Professor Utonium
- The Mayor of Townsville
- Ms. Sara Bellum
- Ms. Keane
- Rainbow the Clown/Mr. Mime (as his normal self)
- Talking Dog
- This episode most likely took place on the same date of the The Powerpuff Girls Movie on a different year. However, it's unconfirmed if it was last year since the girls had three birthday candles on their birthday cake. Unless they had one candle for each girl either because they turned one.
- The part where Princess' birthday present to the girls was a bomb is referenced in 'Twas the Fight Before Christmas.
- In this episode, the Narrator's usual ending catchphrase is spoken two times. The first time, the catchphrase is spoken by Stanley Whitfield before the Narrator tells him that the catchphrase belongs to him. As a result, the Narrator turns on his microphone, clears his throat, and says his usual ending catchphrase loudly and with an "echo" sound effect, making it look as it spoken through a loud microphone.
- This is one of the few episodes that HIM does not frown at all. The other being Speed Demon.
- The gifts given by the villains are:
- Mojo Jojo - A giant elastic robot
- Princess Morbucks - A bull's eye and a giant missile
- Amoeba Boys - Voodoo dolls that resemble the girls
- HIM - A piñata (the strangest gift the girls did not notice and was later enlarged and brought to life by the demon)
- Rainbow the Clown and the bleach truck driver from Mime for a Change appears again in this episode.
- When the people at the party sing the traditional birthday song, "Happy Birthday to You" to the girls, they sing the first note, but then Bubbles shuts them up by screaming "NO SINGING!" This was done because the Happy Birthday song used to be considered a copyright song under the fair use of Warner/Chappell Music and it was technically considered copyright in the eyes of the law, for any third-party companies to sing that song without the consent of Warner/Chappell Music. And so, in order to prevent a lawsuit from being pushed upon them, Cartoon Network made it a gag in the episode for The Powerpuff Girls to impatiently blow through all of the birthday traditions by rushing through them so that they could skip right ahead to the presents, to make up some kind of an in-universe reason why they didn't sing the full song.
- Star Wars - The Princess Leia appears in the background of the party.
- The Simpsons - When Mojo's plan fails, Princess Morbucks laughs like Nelson Muntz.
- When the girls hold up Mojo Jojo's present, Bubbles loses her party hat, but regains it when Stanley announces they're about to open the gift.
- The card that came with the Amoeba Boys present says "from your friends", but Blossom reads it as "from your bestest pals".
- All the Amoeba Boys' mouths move when Boss says "Yeah!"