Bud Smith is the son in the Smith Family. He appears as if he were a tween. He has green hair, an overbite, an unusually long, pointed nose that protrudes from the side of his face, a red and white shirt and braces. He made his first appearance in the episode Supper Villain. The reason he hates the Powerpuff Girls is because "he hates everything." He also seemed to despise his dad, until after Harold became a super villain in a later episode.
Bud Smith is an eight/nine year old boy who "Hates Everything". Including his boring old dad. That is until one night when his mother invites the Powerpuff girls and the Professor over for dinner does his father finally reveal himself as Super Villain Harold Smith, much to his sons delight. It is until a food fight begins when the police arrives to arrest Harold does this leave Bud's mother, Maryanne, upset and angry for the girls "ruining" her dinner. Bud is first seen in the episodes sequel when he runs up to his family declaring that he hates everything, becoming one of his famous quotes in the process. He is then seen siding with the rest of his family to destroy the Powerpuff Girls, starting with ruining their house, yet when this attempt fails, Bud and his family are chasing after the Powerpuff Girls, which leads to a defeat and Bud and his family are arrested.
- It is unknown what happens to Bud after he and his family are put in jail at the end of Just Desserts. He and his family are never seen in the show or heard from after then. Their house became vacant and a girl named Robin moved in with her family.
- Bud along with his mother and father (though not together and no Julie) appeared in the Powerpuff Girls issue #5 "Little" comic magazine cover with other Townsville citizens such as Ms. Keane, Princess Morbucks, Ms Bellum, Mayor, Professor Utonium, Robin Snyder (whom he happens to be the closest too by a few inches behind her) and other much more well known characters from the show.
- The most popular habit in the fandom when it comes to either drawing or writing down the character, is his age. Though not yet confirmed. Some portray Bud as a tween, preteen or a teenager. It's more likely that Bud is a tween.
- Though rare when either Bud or Julie are included with other characters. When coming to pairing Bud with someone the very few fans that pair him seem to ship him the most with Robin. With other characters are unknown.
- Bud was voiced by the late Christine Cavanaugh, who voiced Dexter on Dexter's Lab, Harold Smith was voiced by Jeff Bennett, who voiced Dexter's dad, and Maryann and Juile were voiced by Kath Souise, who voiced Dexter's mom. In matter meanings, both families are connected (Likely due to the PPGS Creator also worked on Dexter's Lab at the time).
- "This family stinks!"
- "No one understands me!"
- "Leave me alone!"
- "I hate you!"
- "That's right. You really took care of Mojo Jojo, huh?"
- "Okay dad, lets talk about you're amazing day. How many mustard jars did you fill?"
- "Alright dad!"
- "Man, dad! You're the coolest!"
- "And you know what? I hate everything!"
- "They're probably all sad."