|Episode name pun on: The day of same name|
|Airdate:||November 26, 1999|
|Director:||John McIntyre and Craig McCracken|
|Writer(s):||John McIntyre and Amy Keating Rodgers|
"A Very Special Blossom"
How did you like Daylight Savings?
Due to saving Townsville day and night, the girls become so exhausted from all the crime-fighting that they start falling asleep during class. Despite the fact that they are heroes, Ms. Keane tells the Professor that he must give them a curfew, demanding the girls to be in bed by 7:30 PM. The Professor tries to convince the girls and himself that Townsville will be fine during the nighttime hours, even though the villains would be allowed free reign to cause as much destruction and mayhem as they want.
On their daily scavenge for crime in Townsville they encounter Mojo Jojo on a regular mayhem spree and take action. But before they are able to fight, the professor calls them in for bedtime, and the girls must head home, leaving Mojo on his own to free a parade of other villains and wreak havoc in Townsville.
Despite the fact that the city is under major attack, the Professor tries to ignore it and enforce the rule but soon realizes that it is Daylight Savings Time (making the current time 6:41) and that he had neglected to set the clocks in the house back one hour. He quickly sends the girls to save Townsville.
- The Powerpuff Girls (Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup)
- Professor Utonium
- Ms. Keane
- Mojo Jojo (non-speaking)
- Princess Morbucks (cameo)
- Fuzzy Lumpkins (cameo)
- The Gangreen Gang (cameo)
- The Amoeba Boys (cameo)
- Mr. Mime (cameo)
- Twiggy (cameo)
- When Mojo Jojo was "turning Townsville into Swiss cheese," several characters (including the Narrator) make puns on different types of cheeses:
- "Look sharp, everyone!" (a pun on "look sharp" and sharp cheddar)
- "Jack" (a pun on Monterey Jack)
- "It will be a brieze" (a pun on Brie and breeze)
- "Muenster Mojo" (a pun on Muenster and "monster Mojo")
- "Leave that Prov alone" (a pun on Provolone)
- "Things aren’t looking too Gouda for you" (a pun on "things aren't looking too good for you" and Gouda cheese)
- "I Camembert to watch" (a pun on "cannot bear" and Camembert)
- Sedusa and HIM do not appear in the parade of criminals.
- Sonny Dial is a pun on "sundial."
- Along with A Very Special Blossom, this was the last episode of The Powerpuff Girls to be aired in the 20th century.
- It is rumored that Blossom has been pardoned and released from prison since the previous episode, A Very Special Blossom.
- Mr. Mime appeared as one of the villains in Mojo Jojo's villain parade to cause havoc and crimes in Townsville. It's possible that Rainbow the Clown got bleached again and turns back into his evil persona, Mr. Mime.
- In the United States, the switch between Standard and Daylight Time is always on a Sunday morning, so the girls shouldn't have had school that morning unless Pokey Oaks Kindergarten is in session on weekends for some reason, or perhaps Townsville doesn't switch over at the same time as the rest of the United States. The dialogue in the episode implies it might be the Monday after the switch.
- The narrator pronounces Provolone as ("prov-o-lone").
- In reality, the cheese is pronounced as ("proh-voh-LOH-neh")