|Age:||Unknown around the same age as the Professor|
|First appearance:||Knock It Off|
|Voice actor:||Jeff Bennett|
As a result Hardly comes up with a wicked plan: if he couldn't have the girls themselves, he would make his own and make billions. While picking them up from Pokey Oaks, he asks the girls how to create his own little girls. So after learning the ingredients, Dick goes to an abandoned factory and creates the "Powerpuff Girls Xtreme." However, his Powerpuffs turn out to be cheap knock-offs and some of them turn out to be disfigured, horrible, ugly mutants as well.
When the girls found out what he was up to, they confronted him in his lab and asks for the Chemical X back. But Dick deliberately swallows it and transforms into a monster. As a monster, Dick's size is increased a hundredfold, his skin turns green, spikes grow out of his shoulders, blue tentacles burst out of his chest, his ponytail turns into a tentacle, his normal glasses are gone and his eyes are black that act similar to normal sunglasses and the only bit of his clothing is the remains of his pants.
In this form, he easily defeated the girls as Utonium goes into the lab. Dick drains nearly all the girls' Chemical X and their life force, but the other Powerpuff Girls Xtreme realized that Dick never gave them love and care. So, in their anger, they sacrificed themselves to destroy him, and Utonium gets the girls out in the nick of time as the factory explodes, killing Dick in the process. As Dick dies before the factory is completely destroyed, Utonium bursts into tears at the loss of the girls, but his fatherly love revives them! Delighted to see them alive again, he says "Old Dick may have gotten the formula right, but the only ingredient he forgot was LOVE, lets go home girls." Then Dick screams "NO!" one final time as he is ambushed in the factory before he dies, and the factory is destroyed.
Dick Hardly lived by pretending to care about people to get what he wanted. He always got Professor Utonium to do his college work for him, while he would go hang out with people, and get women. Although the Professor always saw him as a friend, Dick exploited him so that he didn't have to get anything done by himself. After many years, Dick called up Professor Utonium to once again take credit for doing everything for him.
Dick also did the same thing to the Powerpuff Girls. He pretended to be nice to them, in order to get Chemical X to create the Powerpuff Girl Xtremes. He made it seem like he wanted to create them to help the world. However, inside of the evil factory he was seen being a completely different person: An evil, cruel, tyrannical, slavedriving sociopath who only wanted money and had no remorse for cheating people.
- He was one of the few characters to die, the others being Bunny, the Gnome and The Rowdyruff Boys (although the Boys were later revived by HIM).
- As a human, Dick Hardly bears a striking resemblance to Dexter's unnamed father from Dexter's Laboratory; they even have the same voice actor.
- He also appears similar to Kip Snip in appearance and personality, a villain from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, TV show also made by Craig McCracken.
- His name is likely a reference to his unkind nature, as "Dick" is often used as a profane insult to describe obnoxious people, particularly males. It may also be a reference to the lust he demonstrates throughout the episode in which he appears.
- Despite appearing only once in the 1998 series and never in the various spin-offs or the 2016 series, Dick Hardly is amongst the franchise's most memorable villains. This is because he is the only member of the PPG Rogues Gallery who has absolutely no redeeming or comedic qualities. Most villains have lines they will not cross, but Dick is ruthless enough to kill anyone in order to achieve his goals, even those who actually trust him completely. In fact, he actually manages to make HIM (who is nastier than Mojo Jojo) look like a saint in comparison.