|Age:||Unknown, around the same age as the Professor|
|First appearance:||Knock It Off|
|Voice actor:||Jeff Bennett|
As a result Hardly comes up with a wicked plan: if he couldn't have the girls themselves, he would make his own and make billions. While picking them up from Pokey Oaks, he asks the girls how to create his own little girls. So after learning the ingredients, Dick goes to an abandoned factory and creates the "Powerpuff Girls Xtreme." However, as time goes on, Dick gets more and more consumed by greed, only using minimum materials, causing his Powerpuffs become disfigured, horrible mutants, and when one Buttercup copy is made perfectly, he orders her to be melted down for Chemical X.
When the girls found out what he was up to, after seeing one of the commercials of "Powerpuff Girls with Chemical Xtreme," in which they also learn that Dick didn't care who he sold his clones while he get paid, even if was criminals. They confronted him in his lab and asks for the Chemical X back. Dick deliberately swallows it and transforms into a monster. As a monster, Dick's size is increased a hundredfold, his skin turns green, spikes grow out of his shoulders, blue tentacles burst out of his chest, his ponytail turns into a tentacle and his eyes turn black. His glasses and nearly all of his clothing are gone; the only remaining bit is his pants, without the legs.
In this form, he easily defeated the girls as Utonium goes into the lab. Dick drains nearly all the girls' Chemical X and their life force, but the other Powerpuff Girls Xtreme realized that Dick never gave them love and care. So, in their anger, they turn on him and repeatedly blast him with their laser, setting the factory on fire, and helps Utonium escape with the real Powerpuff Girls, sacrificing themselves in the process. As the fire consumes the factory, Utonium bursts into tears at the loss of the girls, but his fatherly love revives them. Delighted to see them alive again, he says "Old Dick may have gotten the formula right, but the only ingredient he forgot was LOVE, lets go home girls." Then Dick is heard screaming "NO!" one final time before he dies, and the factory is destroyed.
Dick Hardly lived by pretending to care about people to get what he wanted. He always got Professor Utonium to do his college work for him, while he would go hang out with people. Although, the Professor always saw him as a friend, Dick exploited him so that he didn't have to get anything done by himself. After many years, Dick called up Professor Utonium to once again take credit for doing everything for him.
Dick also did the same thing to the Powerpuff Girls. He pretended to be nice to them, in order to get Chemical X to create the Powerpuff Girl Xtremes. He made it seem like he wanted to create them to help the world. However, inside of the evil factory he was seen being a completely different person: A malicious, irredeemable, evil, cruel, dishonest, tyrannical, slavedriving sociopath who only wanted money and had no remorse for cheating people.
- He is one of the few characters to die, the others being Bunny, Gnome, and The Rowdyruff Boys (although the Boys were later revived by HIM).
- He is one of the few villains that the Powerpuff Girls didn't defeat.
- As a human, Dick Hardly bears a striking resemblance to Dexter's unnamed father from Dexter's Laboratory; they also have the same voice actor.
- He also appears similar to Kip Snip in appearance and personality, a villain from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, TV show also made by Craig McCracken.
- His name is likely a reference to his unkind nature, as "Dick" is often used as a profane insult to describe obnoxious people, particularly males. It may also be a reference to the lust he demonstrates throughout the episode in which he appears.
- It is possible that Dick was partially inspired by the Spider-Man supervillain Jackal, due to both characters creating duplicates or clones of their respective enemies.
- Dick Hardly cameos in the Villainous short "The Lost Cases of Boxmore".