|Episode name pun on: The phrase "Dream Scene"|
|Airdate:||September 24, 1999|
|Director:||John McIntyre and Craig McCracken|
|Writer(s):||John McIntyre and Chris Savino|
"Too Pooped to Puff"
"You Snooze, You Lose"
Dream Scheme is episode 17-A of season 2 of The Powerpuff Girls, aired on September 24, 1999.
Putting everyone in the world asleep can be a hard job and the Sandman has been wanting to get some sleep, so to make it easier, The Sandman builds a machine that puts everybody to sleep forever. Suddenly, the Powerpuff Girls crash his good dreams. Then, the Sandman promises that he will never sleep again and finally, he wakes everybody up. However, the Girls go to bed and sleep in late anyway.
- As the girls floated to their bed, Blossom's and Bubbles' pink and blue blankets are on the left and middle of the bed, but as they lay their heads on their pillows, the colored blankets switched places.
- The girls wear their regular clothes instead of their nightgowns for this episode, even when they go to sleep and appear in the episode outro wide awake.
- This episode was produced after the episode "Too Pooped to Puff" finished production.
- During the 1998-2002 animated episode outro, when the girls appear, the falling golden stars don't appear at all. This was because the animators tried to find the cel of the falling stars but realized it was missing, so they decided to let the cel of the girls in their normal poses establish itself just a little more and leave the girls with nothing falling behind them. This will remain until "Slave the Day".
- This episode is set around the concept of dream worlds.
- As the Professor opened the Girls' door, it is pink, but then it changed to white in the next shot.
- When the girls come back and go to sleep, Buttercup has bags under her eyes.
- This is an episode in which all of the dialogue rhymes (including the title).
- There is a reference to The Princess Bride in this episode; when the Professor says, "No 'but's' and I mean it," Bubbles asks, "Does anybody want a peanut?" What makes it such a reference is that in the film, when Vizzini says, "No more rhymes now, I mean it!," Fezzick asks, "Anybody want a... peanut?"
- The Sandman's ditty is set to the tune and rhymes just like the nursery rhyme "I'm a Little Teapot."
- During the Sandman's nightmare scenes, stock footage from the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s can be seen in the background.
- Also during the Sandman's nightmare, Bubbles acted like Jaws at one point, parodying the movie's certain scene.
- The second time the Girls became any kind of animal since "Monkey See, Doggie Do", though in this episode it only happened in the Girls' dreams.