|Episode name pun on: A play on the film "Breakdance 2: Electric Boogaloo"|
|Airdate:|| October 28, 2016 (online)|
November 28, 2016 (television)
|Director:|| Nick Jennings|
|Story:|| Kyle Neswald|
Benjamin P. Carow
How did you like Electric Buttercup?
Electric Buttercup is the thirty-fourth episode of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It premiered on Cartoon Network's website on October 28, 2016 and it aired on Cartoon Network on November 28, 2016.
This episode centers around Buttercup.
The girls enter a battle of the bands contest, but Buttercup keeps smashing her guitars during band practice. When she goes to get her latest guitar fixed, the shop owner refuses to do so. Buttercup becomes desperate and states she'll do anything for a new guitar which the shop owner takes her up on and gives her a new guitar in exchange for any favor he wants. She agrees and all seems well, that is until the day of the contest, when he comes to collect his favor, he reveals that he's really HIM. His payment? Blossom and Bubbles joining his band. If Buttercup wants her sisters back, she has to beat him in a battle of rock and roll.
- This is the first time that Him appears with The Powerpuff Girls knowing of it.
- The second time HIM uses shapeshifting the first time since "Secret Swapper of Doom".
- This marks HIM's third and last appearance in the first season.
- This episode first aired seventeen years and two days after the original airdate of the episode "A Very Special Blossom/Daylight Savings" from the original 1998 version of the series.
- This is the third time when the episode title tied Buttercup's name on it. The first two were "Air Buttercup" and "Princess Buttercup".
- This is the first episode reveals that HIM plays an electric guitar.
- The Girls forming a band could be a possible reference from the original series episode "Mime for a Change".
- Bubbles' metal hairstyle is similar to her 2013/2014 counterpart in "The Powerpuff Girls: Dance Pantsed" special.
- This is the fifth time an episode used stock footage.
- Irony: Buttercup supposedly use a guitar pick and not wearing gloves since she doesn't have fingers.