|Episode name pun on: The words friend and enemy|
|Airdate:||May 19, 2016|
|Director:|| Nick Jennings|
|Story:|| Kyle Neswald|
Benjamin P. Carow
|Writer(s):|| Haley Mancini|
"Blue Ribbon Blues"
"Once Upon a Townsville"
Frenemy is the sixteenth episode of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It aired on Cartoon Network on May 19, 2016.
The girls make friends with a cool new girl at school who uses them as an accomplice in her crime.
- The Rabbit
- The Otter
- The Bejeweled Mouse Lemur
- Frenemy is a combination of friend and enemy; which translates to either "one who is your friend but is, in truth, your enemy" or "an enemy who acts as your closest friend and confidant, but is in fact your greatest adversary or rival."
- The civilization of the Hasrajanis is named after series story editor Jaydeep Hasrajani.
- The map also shows there's a place called Mancini's Mountains, it was named after series story editor Haley Mancini.
- When the Girls and Jemmica explore the Tomb of the Hasrajanis, it's a reference to the Indiana Jones franchise.
- One of the ancient language of the Hasrajanis inscription when Professor Utonium read "Gina Ippolito" was also one of the writers in this series.
- This is Jemmica's first appearance in the series.
- Jemmica's name is based off of the word "Gem" and the name "Jessica".
- Jemmica and the plot might be a possible reference of the Indiana Jones franchise.
- Jemmica dresses more like Indiana Jones and uses a whip to swing just likes him, but she acts more like Indiana Jones' power-hungry archenemies, René Emile Belloq and Sturmbannführer Arnold Ernst Toht from Raiders of the Lost Ark because of her lust of artifacts with destructive powers.
- Moral: Be careful when to choose friends.