|Episode name pun on: The 2009 comedy film of the same name|
|Airdate:||July 30, 2017|
|Director:|| Nick Jennings|
|Story:|| Kyle Neswald|
Benjamin P. Carow
How did you like Imagine That?
Imagine That is the eighteenth episode (and fifty-seventh episode overall) of Season 2 of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It aired on Cartoon Network on July 30, 2017.
When Bubbles' imagination causes a bit of a calamity at school, HIM sees it as an opportunity. He taps into Bubbles' dreamscape of being a train conductor in a land populated by dust bunnies, milkshakes and marshmallows and using Bubbles' conductor that saps her of color and joy and turns the place into a hellish landscape.
- This episode marks HIM's first appearance in the second season and his fourth appearance overall.
- HIM also uses his goth kid appearance from "Secret Swapper of Doom". This also reveals HIM's goth kid name is Harvey.
- The way Bubbles waves her hand and forms the word "IMAJINASHULN" which mispelled "imagination" was a well-known phrase from the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "Idiot Box".
- When Bubbles gets transformed into a sun, it is shown to resemble “Sun Baby” from the British TV show Teletubbies.
- This episode aired thirteenth years after "West in Pieces" of an episode from the classic series.
- This is the first time HIM talks without his eerie tone.
- This episode brings back HIM being the train conductor, since his 1998 counterpart from the original series episode "Him Diddle Riddle".
- The premise of this episode resembles the 1998 series episode "Power-Noia".
- In this episode, when HIM casts a spell on Bubbles to make her imagination became real. In "Power-Noia", he also cast his nightmare spell on a Girls' dream to make their nightmares came true.
- Also, in this episode HIM's train snake-like form mirrors his 1998 incarnations spider-like monster form.
- HIM's line in this episode, "And you still couldn't defeat me!" is similar to his 1998 counterparts line, "YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME!"