|Episode name pun on: Intel's former slogan "Intel Inside" and "Insecticide"|
|Airdate:||November 25, 1998|
|Director:||Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken|
"Insect Inside" is the first produced episode of season one of The Powerpuff Girls, but aired as the second episode on November 25, 1998, though it was shot before the earlier released Monkey See, Doggie Do.
Bug-loving loser Roach Coach has devised a plan to take over Townsville—and eventually the world—with his army of cockroaches! However, the girls, despite their fear, feel it's wrong to kill a bug just because you think it's gross, but eventually get over their fears and battle the roaches and win, only to discover that Roach Coach is really a robot-controlled by a cockroach. So, the true Roach Coach ends up jarred and jailed.
- Production on this episode began long before the series premiered.
- This episode was supposed be the first one to air because it was produced first, but because Cartoon Network often airs episodes out of production order, it aired second.
- When we first see the tall building on the outside, the red window is one level down from the top, but when we view the building the second time, when Roach Coach is yelling, the window is on the top level.
- Despite having his robot body destroyed, Roach Coach makes several cameos in later episodes.
- It also aired on The WB Television Network on May 25, 2002, more than three years after it aired on Cartoon Network.
- The Utoniums' hallway is unusually long.
- Ms. Bellum's first name is revealed to be Sara.
- As mentioned above, this episode was meant to be the series premiere, but it was actually Monkey See, Doggie Do that aired first, as mentoined above. This episode was held off until the following week as the first part of the second episode.
- The moral of this episode is the same as Substitute Creature: don't judge something by their looks, unless they are as bad inside as outside.