|Episode name pun on: Intel's former slogan "Intel Inside" and "Insecticide"|
|Airdate:|| November 18, 1998|
May 25, 2002 (re-air version)
|Director:||Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken|
"Crime 101 (Pilot)"
"Insect Inside" is the first produced episode of season one of The Powerpuff Girls, aired as the first episode on November 18, 1998, though it was shot before the earlier released Monkey See, Doggie Do.
Bug-loving loser Roach Coach has devised a plan to take over Townsville—and eventually the world—with his army of cockroaches. However, the girls, despite their fear, feel it's wrong to kill a bug just because you think it's gross, but eventually get over their fears and battle the roaches and win, only to discover that Roach Coach is really a robot-controlled by a cockroach. So, the true Roach Coach ends up jarred and jailed.
- Production on this episode began long before the series premiered.
- This episode was supposed be the 1st one to air because it was produced 1st, but because of the out of production order that Cartoon Network airs, it aired 2nd.
- When we first see the tall building on the outside, the red window is 1 level down from the top, but when we view the building the second time, when Roach Coach is yelling, the window is on the top level.
- Despite having his robot body destroyed, Roach Coach makes several cameos in later episodes.
- This episode and further episodes of the show were hand-drawn and produced at Rough Draft Studios in South Korea.
- This episode is the first one to use the November 1998 variant of the 1998-2001 animated episode outro.
- This episode is also the first one to use the November 1998 variant of the pulsating hearts background, the November 1998 variant of the 1998-2001 3D Star Explosion and the November 1998 variant of the 1998-2001 Golden Star Shower.
- It then aired on The WB Television Network on May 25, 2002, three years after it aired on Cartoon Network.
- The Utonium's hallway is unusually long.
- Ms. Bellum's first name is revealed to be Sara in this episode.
- This wasn't the first released episode. In fact, it is Monkey See, Doggie Do.
- The moral is the same as Substitute Creature , don't judge something by their looks, unless they are as bad inside as outside.