|Episode name pun on: Intel's former slogan "Intel Inside" and "Insecticide"|
|Airdate:|| November 18, 1998|
May 25, 2002 (re-air version)
|Director:||Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken|
"Crime 101 (Pilot)"
"Insect Inside" is the first produced episode of season one of The Powerpuff Girls, aired as the first episode on November 18, 1998.
Bug-loving loser Roach Coach has devised a plan to take over Townsville—and eventually the world—with his army of cockroaches. However, the girls, despite their fear, feel it's wrong to kill a bug just because you think it's gross, but eventually get over their fears and battle the roaches and win, only to discover that Roach Coach is really a robot-controlled by a cockroach. So, the true Roach Coach ends up jarred and jailed.
- Production on this episode began long before the series premiered.
- This episode was supposed be the 1st one to air because it was produced 1st, but because of the out of production order that Cartoon Network airs, it aired 2nd.
- When we first see the tall building on the outside, the red window is 1 level down from the top, but when we view the building the second time, when Roach Coach is yelling, the window is on the top level.
- Despite having his robot body destroyed, Roach Coach makes several cameos in later episodes.
- This episode and further episodes of the show were hand-drawn and produced at Rough Draft Studios in South Korea.
- This episode is the first one to use the November 1998 variant of the 1998-2001 animated episode outro.
- This episode is also the first one to use the November 1998 variant of the pulsating hearts background, the November 1998 variant of the 1998-2001 3D Star Explosion and the November 1998 variant of the 1998-2001 Golden Star Shower.
- It then aired on The WB Television Network on May 25, 2002, three years after it aired on Cartoon Network.
- The Utonium's hallway is unusually long.
- Ms. Bellum's first name is revealed to be Sara in this episode.
- This wasn't the first released episode. In fact, it is Monkey See, Doggie Do.