|Episode name pun on: The common phrase "Man Up" and the movie "Think Like a Man".|
|Airdate:|| March 14, 2016 (SXSW)|
March 15, 2016 (Internet)
April 8, 2016 (Television)
|Director:|| Nick Jennings|
|Story:|| Haley Mancini|
|Writer(s):|| Kyle Neswald|
Benjamin P. Carow
"Horn Sweet Horn"
"Bye Bye Bellum"
How did you like Man Up?
Man Up (listed in some guides as Man-Up) is the sixth episode of the 2016 series. It premiered at SXSW on March 14, 2016, online on March 15, 2016, and it aired on Cartoon Network on April 8, 2016. This episode focuses on Buttercup.
After letting lumberjack-themed villain Man-Boy escape in her anger, Buttercup seeks anger management training from a New Age guru. In order to defeat Man-Boy when he returns to take revenge, Buttercup aims to strike a balance between inner peace and struggle.
Buttercup: Don't call me princess!!
- As of March 15th, this episode is available for free download on iTunes.
- The plot of this episode is similar from the original series episode "Makes Zen to Me".
- This episode was originally titled "Don't Call Me Princess!", but it was changed to "Man Up".
- In some countries such as Japan when renaming, it became a title near this provisional title.
- The fourth wall was broken when Blossom said "episode" to Buttercup.
- When Manboy served his lived-meat monsters, this is similar in the What a Cartoon pilot "Meat Fuzzy Lumpkins".
- Coincidentally, when Manboy called Buttercup "princess", this is a likely reference to "Princess Morbucks".
- On May 30th, 2017, this episode was aired before the premiere of "Man Up 2: Still Man-ing".
- When Manboy said to Buttercup when she "throw like a girl!" this is a reference to her original counterpart from the promo of a classic series back in 1998.
- This episode has the highest viewership of the PPG 2016 series.