|Episode name pun on: The common phrase "Man Up" and the movie "Think Like a Man".|
|Airdate:|| March 14, 2016 (SXSW)|
March 15, 2016 (Internet)
April 8, 2016 (Television)
|Director:|| Nick Jennings|
|Story:|| Haley Mancini|
|Writer(s):|| Kyle Neswald|
Benjamin P. Carow
"Horn Sweet Horn"
"Bye Bye Bellum"
Man Up (listed in some guides as Man-Up) is the sixth episode of the 2016 series. It premiered at SXSW on March 14, 2016, online on March 15, 2016, and it aired on Cartoon Network on April 8, 2016. This episode focuses on Buttercup.
After letting lumberjack-themed villain Man-Boy escape in her anger, Buttercup seeks anger management training from a New Age guru. In order to defeat Man-Boy when he returns to take revenge, Buttercup aims to strike a balance between inner peace and struggle.
Buttercup: Don't call me princess!!
- As of March 15th, this episode is available for free download on iTunes.
- The plot of this episode was similar from the original series episode "Makes Zen to Me".
- This episode was originally titled "Don't Call Me Princess!", but it was changed to "Man Up".
- The fourth wall was broken when Blossom said "episode" to Buttercup.
- When Manboy served his lived-meat monsters is similar in the What a Cartoon pilot "Meat Fuzzy Lumpkins".
- Coincidentally, when Manboy called Buttercup "princess", which is a likely reference to "Princess Morbucks".
- On May 30th, 2017, this episode was aired before the premiere of "Man Up 2: Still Man-ing".