|Oops, I Did It Again|
|Episode name pun on: Britney Spears song and phrase|
|Airdate:||May 7, 2004|
"A Made Up Story"
Oops, I Did It Again is a Season 6 episode. It aired on May 7, 2004.
The Professor dreams he had made three normal little girls after realizing all of his successes are mere accidents.
When The Professor makes lunch, it turns out to be sloppy joes when they were supposed to be hamburgers so the girls tell him that he made another great accident. The Professor asks them what they mean, and they tell him that all of his successful inventions (including themselves) were created by accident. While anything he created on purpose always fails spectacularly. Shocked and ashamed when he realises he's never invented anything good while trying to, the Professor goes down to the lab to make some thing on purpose then he accidentally falls asleep. He dreams that he had followed the normal recipe and made normal little girls. In his fantasy, the girls went under different names (with Blossom being named Bertha, Bubbles being named Beatrice, and Buttercup being named Betty.) The narrator says, and Bertha, Beatrice and Betty have dedicated their lives to hanging around and doing nothing extraordinary!, Townsville was constantly being attacked by hideous monsters and the girls were incapable of doing simple things, e.g. opening the Mayor's jar of pickles. In the end, the Professor likes himself just the way he is, an accidental professor.
- Professor Utonium
- The Powerpuff Girls (Run-of-the-Mill Girls)
GeneralAlthough the girls appear, none of them are the main characters. Instead, that role applies to the Professor.
- The physical appearances of the Run-Of-The-Mill-Girls are based on redesigns that Craig McCracken briefly considered for the Powerpuff Girls in response to negative reactions from test audiences for the What A Cartoon! pilots.
- When Beatrice answers the phone, the mayor asks if it's Bubbles. This means that despite the Professor not creating them, the Powerpuff Girls must still exist in this dream.
- "Bertha, Bertha Bertha!" is a reference to Jan Brady from the classic 70s sitcom The Brady Bunch when she famously said "Marcia, Marcia Marcia!".
- The ending of "Uh Oh Dynamo" is shown as a flashback to provide an example of how the Professor fails at making anything on purpose. (The citizen stuff was edited out.)
- The theme of girls' birthday from intro, The Powerpuff Girls Movie.
- When the Run-of-the-Mill Girls were riding bikes, Betty wasn't wearing any tights.