|Episode name pun on: The words pain and rainbow|
|Airdate:||April 6, 2016|
|Director:|| Nick Jennings|
|Story:|| Haley Mancini|
|Writer(s):|| Julia Vickerman|
"Horn Sweet Horn"
Painbow is the fourth episode of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It aired on Cartoon Network on April 6, 2016. This episode focuses on Buttercup.
A rainbow causes Townsville to become uncomfortably happy, to the point they're unaware of their destructive actions, forcing the girls to investigate the cause.
- Ms. Keane (debut)
- Students of Midway Elementary School
- Citizens of Townsville
- County Jail prisoners
- Professor Utonium
- Rainbow party creatures
- Party Lobsters
- This episode also uses a variant of the classic outro screen, in which a chalkboard with a drawing of the girls appears as the Narrator says "And so, once again, the day is saved, thanks to The Powerpuff Girls!", it is then replaced by another chalkboard reading "GRAMMAR" and the Narrator says "And the importance of grammar!". The chalkboard is then replaced by Buttercup saying "But questions." and she chuckles a bit.
- Jennifer Hale reprised her role as Ms. Keane from the original series
- Rainbow Land is similar to Cloud Cuckoo Land from a 2014 movie The Lego Movie.
- The yelled lyrics, "Je ne sais quoi!" from the song in Rainbow Land means "I do not know what." in French.
- It is never explained why Blossom, Bubbles, or Buttercup weren't affected by the rainbow.
- The white unicorn with blue mane and a yellow bow from "Horn Sweet Horn" can be seen in Rainbow Land. This is the first time a unicorn features in the series.
- This episode received scrutiny from fans, because of Blossom and Bubbles twerking and using heavy modern slang, and for Buttercup being extremely rude to Ms. Keane.
- Allegro was also featured in the 2016 opening sequence "Who's Got the Power?."
- Barry, one of the Girls schoolmates, closely resembles Clarence, a show with the same name.
- The Twerking Scene seems to be a reference to Miley Cyrus 2013 era, where Miley Cyrus debuted her sexual side.
- This has also come into heavy criticism from critics and audiences, seeing how the Girls are underaged and twerking in a kids show.
- In Turkish dub, the twerking scene is completely cut.
- For one of the times Professor Utonium runs in front of the sprinkler in this scene (right after he jumps over the bot).
- The second time that the Professor comes around the sprinkler, when he goes behind it, he’s above the layer completely (except for two frames in between it was excluded where he was properly placed under the layer of water).
- When Blossom starts twerking, her left leg and right leg switch places.
- When Bubbles starts twerking, the "X" shape on the back of her head disappears.