|Episode name pun on: The phrase "Blind man's bluff"|
|Airdate:||November 18, 1998|
|Director:||Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken|
"Monkey See, Doggie Do"
"Powerpuff Bluff" is episode 2-B of season one of The Powerpuff Girls, aired on November 18, 1998.
A gang of violent crooks use every resource in the Townsville Jail - including grown-up-sized Powerpuff costumes - to walk right out of captivity and into the local bank, using their Powerpuff privileges to clean out the vault, rip off the jewelry store, and trash the Mayor and his mansion. When Ms. Bellum's suspicion is raised, she tells the Mayor, who misunderstands and has the real Powerpuffs arrested. Ms. Bellum clues the Girls in about the imposters and she tells them that the mayor made a big mistake, and the superheroes bust out to attack the bad guys - as good girls.
- This is the second time that the Powerpuff Girls are arrested. The first time was in Crime 101.
- On a sad but true note, the girls go back to jail after they've been declared innocent for breaking out earlier. This is only temporary, as they return to their normal heroic selves in the next episode.
- Additionally, Blossom received community service at the end of the episode "A Very Special Blossom". That outcome was also temporary, as she returns heroic as well.
- The costumes are shown to blink at some points.
- When the boss criminal holds up the porcelain poodle, his goatie is a lot smaller than when he and his friends are sitting in a jail cell later.
- The moral seems to be that even if you disguise yourself as someone, sooner or later someone's gonna find out it's fake.
- Cindy Morrow is credited as Cindy Banks in this episode.
- Along with the episode Uh Oh Dynamo, Criss Cross Crisis, Ploys R' Us and Forced Kin, Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory makes a brief cameo appearance.
- There is a goof in the ending of the episode where Ms. Bellum's long neck was extended way past the highest point of her hair.
- The head of the girl in the thought bubble of the criminal with the mohawk hairstyle and five o'clock shadow resembles Bubbles with the blonde hair and blue eyes, except that the girl in his thoughts had a single large ponytail instead of the pair of short pigtails that Bubbles has. That same criminal disguises himself as Bubbles later in the episode.