|Episode name pun on: Two rhyming words meaning, when something funny or odd happens and it gets going on the internet.|
|Airdate:||June 9, 2016|
|Director:|| Nick Jennings|
|Story:|| Julia Vickerman|
"Man Up 2: Still Man-ing"
"Bubbles of the Opera"
Viral Spiral is the nineteenth episode of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It aired on Cartoon Network on June 9, 2016.
The Amoeba Boys once more try to do some villainous activity to make a name for themselves when they're approached by a mysterious being calling himself Silico who gives them the opportunity via virus software and directly sends them into the internet to plant it. The Powerpuffs soon see the Amoeba Boys in their video game and Bubbles, who has computer programming skills, transports Blossom and Buttercup in to stop them.
TBW (To Be Written)
- This episode was made in partnership with MIT, a company owning the software, SCRATCH.
- This marks the Amoeba Boys' first appearance in the reboot, with Chuck McCann reprising their roles for them.
- When Blossom and Buttercup are inside the Internet is a similar plot from the Uncle Grandpa episode "Internet Troll".
- Buttercup and Blossom wore the same rapping get-up in "Escape from Monster Island".
- There are several Internet website parodies and reference:
- Juju is a parody of Hulu.
- Ejay is a parody of Ebay.
- Me 2Tube is an obvious parody of YouTube.
- Blossom and Buttercup are inside the Friendbook news feed post is a reference of Facebook and also the Facebook chat tone can be heard.
- The Original Frowny Cat is a obvious parody of Grumpy Cat.
- Princess Morbucks Make-Up Tutorial video was a reference of any YouTube make-up tutorial videos.
- When Blossom and Buttercup turned into traffic cones was a reference of a VLC Media Player logo.
- The Internet Troll's design is a reference of troll dolls.
- Clips from "Bye Bye Bellum", "Little Octi Lost", "Escape from Monster Island", "The Wrinklegruff Gals", "Frenemy", "Power-Up Puff", "Man Up", "Horn Sweet Horn" and "The Stayover" when this episode nearly ends.
- When Buttercup is hitting the Amoeba Boys in "Baybee Bunnies," the hit sound sounds very identical to the Intellivision game, Astrosmash's asteroid hit sound.
- Some fans say that Blossom should have been the one who was operating the computer as she was the smart one.
- There's an online game called "Glitch Fixers" which is based in this episode.