|West in Pieces|
|Episode name pun on: The phrase "Rest in Peace"|
|Airdate:||July 30, 2004|
"The City of Frownsville"
"Crazy Mixed-Up Puffs"
In the old West, Mojo the Kid has robbed the first bank ever and forced the sheriff out of Townsville, so it's up to the Steamypuff Girls to save the day at a high-noon showdown.
- The Powerpuff Girls (Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup) (as The Steamypuff Girls)
- Professor Utonium
- The Mayor of Townsville (as The Town Sheriff, Dentist, Window Maker Blacksmith)
- Miss Bellum
- Mojo Jojo (as Mojo The Kid)
- Gangreen Gang (as the Gangverde Gang)
- This is the second episode not to feature the Powerpuff Girls, although their western ancestors are present. The first was Custody Battle.
- This episode is one of several episodes where the Narrator says his catchphrase differently: "And so, once upon a time, the West was saved, by the Steamypuff Gals!".
- Don Shank makes a cameo in this episode as a snotty bank teller.
- Ace makes a reference to Broadway theatre in New York and William Shakespeare.
- The Mayor's ancestor is the town sheriff, dentist, window maker, and blacksmith, Ms. Bellum's ancestor is simply Ms. Bellum, Mojo the Kid is the ancestor of Mojo Jojo, the Steamypuff Girls are the ancestors of the Powerpuff Girls, and Professor Utonium's ancestor is simply Professor Utonium.
- The concerned citizen breaks the fourth wall when he explains that there's nothing to shoot Mojo the Kid with because "you can't use guns on TV," which is a reference to the older Hanna-Barbera toons that included elements such as guns and smoking.
- There are various references to A Made Up Story in this episode.
- The moose on the poster that laughed nervously when he was made up by Mask Scara, appears again in this episode, this time laughing nervously when his clothes are ripped off by Mojo the kid's banana projectiles.
- When the Professor presents his newly invented duct tape, the conversation is similar to the Professor presenting his cold cream in A Made Up Story; in both episodes the Professor first uses a scientific discription, with the first letters of the words forming cold/duct, then people reply saying: "What does that mean?", to which the Professor replies with: "Oh, just another fancy word for cold cream/duct tape".
- The hearts at the heart-shaped animated ending are darker in color.
- This is the second episode to imply that there is more than one generation of Powerpuff Girls, the first being Seed No Evil.
- In 2005, Frederick Gardner won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Animation for this episode.
- There is another animated Western, An American Tail: Fievel Goes West, whose heroine, Tanya Mousekewitz, is also voiced by Cathy Cavadini, who of course voiced Blossom.